DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) is an evidence based approach that focuses on building skills to better your life. Are you someone that struggles with intense emotions? Does it effect your relationships? Often people seek out therapy looking for help with feelings of sadness and worry. For some a past history of abuse, neglect, or other trauma leaves them easily dysregulated. It often runs on a spectrum of either blocking emotions (numbing) or feeling overwhelmed by them. In DBT we focus on learning to experience emotions without acting on them impulsively. Other skills that are addressed are distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, and mindfulness.
Our adult outpatient DBT program is for individuals 18 years and older.
We offer all components of comprehensive DBT.
A single “round” of DBT takes six months to complete, and many people find completing a second round helps consolidate their learning. The length of treatment will be discussed with you when we meet you, and can be adjusted at any time depending on your progress.
Our comprehensive Adult DBT program includes:
- Individual therapy (typically on a weekly basis) that targets multiple problems with effective treatments within the DBT structure
- Skills training class (typically in a group on a weekly basis)
- Between-session consultation with your therapist
- Therapist consultation team
- Family meetings as needed
Your therapist will carefully tailor your treatment plan to you.